PLAY THE GAME OR BECOME THE GAME

**PART TWO**both blogs are here www.saveacab.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I've had quite a few drivers over the years and it is impossible to keep good help doing this kind of work. Betty that runs Betty Boop's Taxi worked with us for over four years but before she came along we had a few problems. In the middle part of 2003 I had a guy working for me that I thought I knew but it turned out that he had some issues that I couldn't deal with. I let him go after a month or so and two weeks after we parted ways five drug task force vehicles pulled up in front of my house looking for him.

When they got to my house I was setting in my van with my son Dylan and Hank Twyman was the first officer out of his vehicle. When he came up to the van he asked me if I had saw Lenard and I told him no that he hadn't worked for me in a couple of weeks. By this time R.C. Daniels was right behind him and Hank turned around and said in a very sarcastic voice "He hasn't seen him in a couple of weeks". I asked what Lenard had done and I didn't get a reply so I told them that my son and I were going to eat at Western Sizzin and they were more than welcome to join us. I then put the van in reverse and drove off with the whole group of them standing in the yard. There was no reason for five of these vehicles to show up at my house because of something a former employee had done and they had enough information to know that he wasn't there.

About a week later this guy comes along and starts getting a ride about ten times a day. He asked me for a job till I was blue in the face and he wouldn't take no for an answer. He had a girl the same age as my boy and my wife became friends with him and his wife. She started picking up their child and taking her to school in the morning and I didn't see any problems for a while. After he continued to ask me for a job every time I gave him a ride I started checking with some of my other customers to see if they knew anything about him. One of my good friends told me that the guy was real bad news and I better keep a close eye on him. He also told me he heard the guy sold dope and was into all kinds of bad stuff. A couple of customers told me they heard he was an informant and was responsible for some pretty bad deeds that other informants weren't allowed to do.

Because of the tremendous amount of material involved in the following information many details will be explained in greater depth at a later time. A longer more thorough version of this story will provide much more about this wacky ordeal and I hope to have a complete manuscript prepared very soon that is professionally written by someone who can make all the words come out just right. I have a very poor writing ability because of a limited education and I'm sure you have become well aware of this by now after reading what I have written so far. I think I'm getting better at putting some of these words together and compared to my first blog I feel like I'm doing a lot better. What do you expect from an Okie farm boy?

I want to make it absolutely clear that I am in no way trying to insinuate that I'm some kind of a saint and nothing could be further from the truth. I've definitely did my share of wrong doing over the years but I do believe that my criminal record of no convictions speaks for itself and I have always made legitimate money in an honest way. The complete truth is being told in this story and I believe that so much wrong doing has been done that some people should be punished for the criminal actions they have committed against us in so many ways.

The more I found out about our new frequent customer the more mistrust I started to feel towards him and for years now I have referred to this guy as the untouchable informant because of all the crimes he got away with. The first bad situation arose one morning while my wife was working and Eddy called her and asked her to go to a house on the 400 block on MacArthur to pick up a computer that he claimed belonged to him. When my wife got to the house she went up to the door and was confronted by a guy by the name of Willis Johnson who was the landlord. His sister in law Heather Mulligan was renting the house from him but she wasn't home at the time and Willis told my wife that he had already told Eddy he wasn't going to get the computer that was in question.

He started telling my wife about quite a few things that was going on and she came home to tell me. Willis claimed that Heather couldn't pay for some product that she had gotten on credit and Eddy just took it up on himself to take the computer in return for her debt. That really didn't sound too bad till I heard more about what had went on and Willis said that Heather had already had to call the police because Eddy had been driving by her house saying he was going to burn her house down if she didn't pay what she owed for the party favors he had fronted to her.

I decided to drive down to the house to talk to Willis myself and he turned out to be a real descent guy that was fed up with this guy terrorizing Heather. He started telling me about the first time Eddy came to get the computer. Willis said that after he ran Eddy off from the property that he got in his pickup and followed Eddy home. He said he was arrested by the police for trespassing but he claimed he hadn't set foot on Eddy's property.

I decided to go to the police station to see what I could find out about this mess and while I was there I got a copy of a police report that Heather had filed about the threats to burn her house to the ground. Her writing was extremely primitive and very hard to make out. It was very clear that she couldn't of had much more than a grade school education and believe it or not that's actually being kind. I believe Willis said she had moved here from the hills in Tennessee and had a very poor family. I felt sorry for her and she seemed like someone that had just had a bad sting of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment