PLAY THE GAME OR BECOME THE GAME

**PART TWO**both blogs are here www.saveacab.blogspot.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

I went inside Eddy’s house once because he wanted to show me his knives and lighters that he had for sale. When I went in I noticed that he had monitors that were hooked up to camera’s on the outside of the house so he could see if anyone was outside. On the front door there were two hook type brackets that allowed him to put a 4x4 post side ways across the middle of the door similar to one on a barn door. It was to prevent the door from being kicked in and if I had to guess I would say there was probably one on the back door as well. He showed me boxes of knives and lighters and he had hundreds of them. He told my wife a lot of details about lawyers, city workers, business owners, police and he seemed to know a lot about the corruption in this place. He started calling my wife for a ride a lot and I think he started to think he could be more than just friends with her. I was the most interested in some of the things he had to say about Dobson Cellular and I didn’t know if he was telling the complete truth or not. I kept checking around to find out about him and I started watching him to see what kind of people was going by his house. I even sat down the road from his house to watch all the traffic coming and going. I couldn’t understand how he was getting by with dealing to so many people without getting busted and I noticed that quite a few of the people going to his house were people that I had been told were informants.

It finally gets back to him that I’m asking questions about him and he gets really angry. He called me on the phone one night and threatened to burn my house down after we had a pretty nasty exchange of words. I told him that if he came near my wife again that I would put five bullets in each side of his head. A few minutes later a police officer by the name of Brad Cochran came to my house and asked me if I had threatened to put five bullets in each side of Eddy’s head. I told him yes and I told him that he had threaten to burn my house down just like he had done to Heather Mulligan. Officer Cockran said that Eddy had recorded the threat that I had made and he had to take me in custody. At this time the dispatcher said something to him on his radio and after talking to them a few seconds he said that Eddy’s wife had called the police station to tell them that Eddy had made threats towards me as well. The cop told me not to go near Eddy and he also said I didn’t have to be placed under arrest this time. After this incident I started to really get angry with Eddy and I couldn't understand why he was jacking with us. It was clear that he had been bound and determined to get a job driving the taxi and what a nightmare that would have been. I was really stressed out from working so much and I decided to get away by driving to Aspen, Colorado for a week so I could get some of this off my mind. We had a really good time and a couple of friends took care of the cab service while we were gone.

Over the next month I have several encounters with Eddy driving down the road and obscene gestures became a common greeting between the two of us. He got mad because I told some of the people he knew that he was secretly working with the police as an informant. Eddy called my phone and said that the next time I call his phone its going to be the time that the lights end. This time I recorded the threat and I went to the police station to talk to Officer David Pruitt and he said he thought it was enough to get a protective order on Eddy. We file a protective order and when we get to the lobby of the courtroom Eddy and his wife are coming out of the judges chambers. We go into the courtroom and tell our side of the story to JudgeHaught . Eddy then tells his side of the story and claims that I was constantly calling his phone. The judge then asked me if I had been calling his phone and I told him no. I told the judge that I had a copy of my phone bill and I had the many calls that Eddy had made to our phones circled with a marker. Eddy tells the judge that I am constantly driving by his house on the 700 block of Ave. D and I provided the judge with a list of my customers that lived in that neighborhood with their phone numbers, addresses, etc. The judge agrees to grant the protective order and he sets a date for us to come back in 3 months. After the 3 months was up we went back to court to seek a permanent restraining order but the judge was gone and some lady came in the court room to tell us that we would have to refile another protective order. Eddy didn’t even show up to contest the order so it should have been made permanent but the lady said there was nothing she could do. Later on I checked the court records and it said that I had requested that the order be dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment