PLAY THE GAME OR BECOME THE GAME

**PART TWO**both blogs are here www.saveacab.blogspot.com

Friday, January 1, 2010

One week in the late part of 2006 we had seventeen flat tires and about half of them had the sidewalls punctured by a sharp object such as an ice pick. I had seven vans at the time and two of them got the side windows broken out. A beer bottle was thrown at one of the vans and the other one was hit by something such as a bat or hammer. Also something very corrosive was put in the gas tanks on three vans and it was strong enough to ruin the engines. I had a mechanic take a look at the fuel and he thought it might have been costic acid that was used because the fill pipe that went into the fuel tank was rusted on the inside. I got locking gas caps on my other vans and I began to keep as many of them inside my shop and garage as possible. I do believe who ever was doing this could have did a lot better job if they would have really wanted to. They could have broke out a bunch of windows and did a lot more damage. I feel fortunate that games were being played instead of something way worse and if they had really wanted me completely out of business it would have been made to happen.

One thing I didn't talk about was what happened when I called the F.C.C. and actually got through to someone in the mid part of 2007. I was connected to a lady by the name of Theresa Kinsey and she worked in the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau at the Federal Communications Commission in Washington D.C. She seemed very concerned by what I was telling her and then all of a sudden I got a message on my Sprint phone that said Sprint Washington on the screen of the phone. I told Theresa about the message and she told me to hang up and call the message center to check the message then call her back. I called the message center but there was no message so I called her back and she sounded like she was afraid. She said she had an attorney in her office and she couldn't help me. I told her that I thought the message was on her end and she told me I should go to Hollywood with my story. Later on in this story I talk about a trip I made to Hollywood and I think I was so irritated by what she told me that it only made me want to fight all this even more.

Another thing I didn't talk about in the first blog was when I had decided to give the local F.B.I. agent another call in August of 2007 and I was hoping that since it had been a couple of years everything might go a little better than our last conversation. I called the local office and spoke to the same agent I had talked to a few years before. Agent Brad Thompson agreed to meet with me and told me to come to his office tomorrow afternoon at three. The next day I got on my motorcycle and started riding to his office. Right before I got to the corner of Washington and Country Club a pickup swerved at me so I pulled into the funeral home parking lot. The pickup also pulled in and came up next to me. I figured they wanted to apologize for almost hitting me but the guy driving only said one thing. He asked me if I knew where he could dump a load of hot asphalt and then he drove off. There were three men inside the pickup and I recognized the driver as the owner of one of the local glass shops. I believe that was done to try to scare me and it definitely got my attention. After that I rode my cycle on to Brads office and his office is at the top of the Apple Annie building on the corner of Broadway and Jefferson. I went into a first floor door and Brad met me there to open a security door. We walked up stairs and I went through a metal detector similar to one in an airport. After I cleared the detector we sat down at a huge oval shaped table that was very extravagant and I was amazed how sophisticated his office appeared. On one of the walls there was a big American flag and everything was very clean and appealing. Brad was a tall guy with an immaculate complexion and he looked like he was in really good shape. The first thing he said to me was please don't act like you know me if I see you on the street and he said he was undercover.

I began to tell him about some of the things that had went on earlier that year and I started with the deal Joe had presented about not calling the F.C.C. After I had talked for about ten minutes Brad looked at me with a real serious look on his face and said Randy I'm not jacking with your phone. I was surprised by this and I told him that I wasn't accusing him but I needed his help to find out who was behind the phone tampering. Just the way he had made the remark that it wasn't him that was jacking with the phones sounded really odd the way he said it and I started getting the feeling that this meeting was a bad idea. I started to suspect that it very well could have been him and he definitely had access to all the equipment. We continued to talk and I went into some details about the two D.T.F. agents in the back of their warehouse that had intimidated me with a gun. We also talked about what was going on with the phones and I described some of the problems that we were having getting the calls to come through. I told him about the Sprint Nextel corporate executive by the name of Andre Sajaro that gave me the case number 1463973 and how Andre said that all he got was busy signal after many attempts of trying to call my number. I told brad that I could only call Andre back if I went to a pay phone and this is when he told me to start logging all this stuff and go to the police station to complain about the phone calls being blocked. This is the incident where I met with two detectives at the police station and all of a sudden I was placed into custody when I told them that I might need protection fromsome people.

Most of the things we talked about are went over in detail in my first blog. Brad told me he wanted me to come to work for him as an informant and that he would protect me. I told him that I just wanted to run my cab and he said so you have what a high school education. I said it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there was something way wrong with this scenario and I thought that all this had gone too far. We had talked for about an hour before he said he would look into this and I took that as a sign that the meeting was over. I thanked him before I left there feeling as if I had been wasting my time to even go to his office. I wish I would have tried to handle things a little differently the first time I spoke with him and if I would have knew what I know now back in 2004 things might have turned out a little differently. This meeting was about two months before an incident happened in November of 2007 where Brad had called me on the phone to tell me that we didn't need a taxi service here anymore and if I wanted to get my phone to work right I was going to have to go to the Texas Panhandle to get phone service. This incident is also talked about in detail in killacab.blogspot.com and there is just too much wrong doing to be able to stomach in one life time much less a couple of years. I do believe I have documented so much of the phone trouble that its no longer a case of proving it but it seems to be a case on whether it really matters if you can prove it. Doesn't look much like America from where I'm setting folks and being on the wrong end of this stick has been nothing but pure hell. How much is enough to prove this and why did I get such a beating from these guys?

Got an interesting story about a service called Telenav that some of you might find interesting. When I was at Channel 5 News in Oklahoma City getting interviewed by Mark Opgrande I received a text message on my AT&T prepaid phone that at the time had the 2222 number on it. The text message came from 86477 and the message said your Telenav pin has been changed to 2222. I didn't really think much about it and after I got back to Elk City I decided to reply back to the message. I think I replied help and as soon as the message was sent I started getting the text message that you get on the AT&T prepaid phone that displays your balance.

Some of you guys may not be familiar with the AT&T prepaid phones but when you send a text message or hang up from making a call the phone screen displays a text message that tells the balance of the phone and how much the last transaction cost. I got this same balance text message every two and a half minutes for several hours. I called 611 for customer service and it was another one of them one of a kind situations that only seems to happen to me of course. The service representative said that the messages were going in a loop for some reason and he hadn't ever saw it happen before. He had to shut down the text messaging completely to make the messages stop.

I was really curios about Telenav so I pulled them up on the internet. Its a company out of California and I had an account already setup under the 2222 phone number and the strangest thing was that the email address that setup the account was santaclaus@thenorthpole.com or something very similar to that. I wish I would have wrote the email address down because it got removed almost immediately after I saw it. I connected to a service representative with Telenav and I asked him about the account. He told me that it had been setup at our local AT&T facility on 3rd street but another strange thing that seemed to trouble the guy was that AT&T prepaid phones don't support Telenav. He said that the service was only an option on the phones with contracts or by the month plans.

I tried to get as much info out of the guy as I could and he reassured me that it had definitely been setup at the local AT&T facility. After I got off the phone with this guy I decided to try to reply to the message at 86477 again and it made the same thing happen where I received the balance text messages ever two and a half minutes. I called 611 again and asked to speak with a supervisor about this situation and he said it was definitively a new one to him and couldn't figure out what was causing it. He said it looked like some kind of virus was causing it and he had to shut off the text messages on the phone and restart them to get it to stop.

After I got off the phone with him I went to the AT&T store on the corner of 3rd and Walker to try to see if I could get them to look into it. One of there service representatives sent a text message to the 86477 number from their phone and a message came back that said welcome to Telenav address sharing. Its a GPS tracking service and the only conclusion that we could come up with was that the messages on my phone were being sent in a loop to keep me from getting the message that said anything about Telenav. Nobody at the AT&T facility could find any information about a Telenav account being setup on my phone and this was about par for the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment