PLAY THE GAME OR BECOME THE GAME

**PART TWO**both blogs are here www.saveacab.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tensions are still running high over the next couple of months and Eddy decides to become a bounty hunter. He points a gun at me several times driving down the road and I refuse to go to the police after what happened over the protective order. One day Eddy goes to the court clerks office inside the Beckham County court house and threatens a bonds lady because she is refusing to pay him a bounty on some guy by the name of Rob that had jumped bail. He gets arrested and has drugs in his pocket and he also has a loaded firearm. He gets charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony, kidnapping and several more things. I talked to the bonds lady and told her about the problems we have been having with this guy including the times he was waving a gun at me. The next day I get a call from Chet Glancey with the District 3 Drug Task Force and he says that I need to come to their office to talk about Eddy waving a gun at me. When I arrive I go into an office with Chet and R.C. Daniel and we talk about what had happened over the last few months. Chet said that Eddy was going to get what he had coming and I had already met with Chet at the police station about 6 months before this to try to find out information about Eddy. I told them that a guy by the name of Rob had called me a couple of weeks ago because he needed a jump start for a U-haul truck that was at Eddy’s house. I still had the number the guy had called me from and Chet dialed the number on his phone. After talking for a few minutes I left with the impression that Eddy was in a huge bind. I became interested in Eddy’s case and printed out his charges off the Oklahoma Department of Criminal Records website. Eddy got a lawyer from Cordell, Oklahoma by the name of Scott Mason and he was telling people that the lawyer fee was fifty thousand dollars. I started attending Eddy’s Court appearances and I wanted to see justice served. Eddy’s lawyer issued a subpoena to Dobson Cellular and I’m still not sure what it was about. Around a week after the subpoena was issued all of Eddy’s charges were erased as if they had never even been filed. I couldn’t believe it and I wanted to know how this could be possible. I went to the court clerks office at the courthouse but I couldn’t find anything out.

I called a private detective in Altus, Oklahoma and talked to him quite a while about all of this. I told him about Eddy and his wife being inside the judges chambers when we appeared on the protective order and he said that was ridiculous and Judge Haught should not allow this. He also said that he thought that an agent by the name of Don with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations was probably involved in getting the charges erased. He said that this agent was from Cordell and he had heard many things about him. I went to see a lawyer here in Elk City to ask him about this and he called Eddy’s lawyer Scott Mason to ask him how he got the charges to disappear. Scott didn’t have anything to say of course and after they ended the call the lawyer told me that the most that should have happened was a dismissal on the charges. About a month after this Eddy got caught supposedly with twenty five thousand dollars in counterfeit money. It made the front page of the Elk City Daily News but the paper didn’t list any names. I went to the Elk City Police Department to talk to a detective about this stuff and he told me that Eddy was just a little slippery. Eddy ended up getting a minor charge for using a forged instrument or something close to that. At the end of 2003 a reporter at the Elk City Daily News contacted me about doing a story about our taxi service. She interviewed us and took a picture of us standing next to one of our vans. The picture covered a big portion of the front page of the newspaper and the headlines read Local cabby's save drunks. I was a little irritated when I first saw the headlines but after I read the story I discovered that she had done a great job at writing the story. It won several journalism awards in Lawton and Oklahoma City and the reporter was really good at what she did.

In the spring of 2004 my wife found out she was pregnant with our second child and it was the girl she was wanting so bad. Alyson was born on December 1st 2004 and she is a doll. It had been a long time since Eddy and I had crossed each others paths but once again gestures were being exchanged as we passed each other on the road. One day when Alyson was about 2 months old my wife took her to Walmart and when my wife got in the van and started to back out of a parking spot she said that Eddy had pulled his car in behind her. I was at home sleeping and she said she didn’t really want to call the police unless she had to. After a few minutes he moved out of the way and she came home to tell me about it. Eddy had a job at C & C Crane Service and I had got one of his business cards from a friend that worked at one of the quick stops here in town. The best thing for us to do would have been to call the police but I was still aggravated about the protective order that got dismissed a few months before this. I tried to say cool about what my wife had told me about Eddy parking behind her but I picked up the phone and called him on a number that was listed on his business card. As soon as he answered the phone I told him that I needed a crane and he asked me who I was. I told him that it was his good ole buddy the cab driver and I needed a crane to lift him up and drop him in a hole. I started cussing him up and down and I guess while we were on the phone he drove to the police station. Just a few minutes after he hung up on me five police cars showed up and one of the officers showed me a ticket for Disturbing the peace. He told me that I needed to sign the ticket but when I saw Eddy’s name on the ticket as the arresting officer I told them that I wasn’t going to sign it. On the ticket there was a space that said arresting officer and it is for a person that is making the complaint and pressing charges. Several of the police officers tried to convince me to just sign the ticket but I refused. I told them about what had happened at Wal -Mart and I was sick of him following us around. At this point the officer put up the ticket book and placed me under arrest. I got out eight hours later and I posted a bond of one hundred and fifty four dollars which was the cost of the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment